School: College of Journalism and Communications
Contact: Sarah G. Lee
Job Title: Program Assistant, Admissions
Main Address : PO Box 118400, Gainesville, FL 32611, United States
Get Connected with a Master’s Degree in Social Media
The Internet and social media have forever changed our world. Today we are more connected than ever before. Social media tools have redefined the ways in which we communicate, work, receive news, find information, go shopping, and access entertainment. Social media have even altered the worldwide lexicon, changing both the way we speak, the words we use, and how we write. Its personal and professional impact is global − and here to stay.
An Innovative Degree for the Future of Communications
To teach today’s professionals how they can employ social media, the University of Florida has developed the first-of-its-kind online Master of Arts in Mass Communication with a specialization in Social Media. Specifically focused on addressing the growing pervasiveness of social media throughout our global society, it’s an advanced degree that examines the impact of social media and explains how it can be used to influence the future of communication, marketing, journalism, politics, entertainment, public relations, and more.
A world leader in academic excellence, the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications has established a modern and forward-thinking degree for the next generation of communicators. This engaging online master’s degree in Social Media brings students up-to-speed with the advanced uses, communication techniques, business opportunities, and trends from the growing realm of social media.
Throughout your coursework in the Master’s in Social Media online program, you will:
- Uncover creative ways to implement social media in a variety of professional settings.
- Explore the uses of social media in advertising, marketing, journalism, branding, and public relations.
- Learn to track, collect, analyze, and utilize a diverse range of social media metrics and data.
- Examine ways to employ social media to connect and communicate globally.
- Discover how social media developed and found its place in our global society.
- Focus on the future of social media and assess what lies ahead for this digital medium.
- Use the power of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, YouTube, Tumblr, Vimeo, and other social networks in your current or future career.
Learn more about this innovative program!