Master of Professional Studies in Integrated Marketing Communications
Downtown Washington, D.C. & Online
The Master of Professional Studies in Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) arms students with the skills they need to work strategically across the full breadth of communications specialties to create and manage comprehensive and effective marketing campaigns. Through practical applications and client experiences, students master the complexities of multiple media platforms while developing the creative and strategic mindset necessary to engage the consumer.
The IMC curriculum focuses on the inherent challenges of working across communications disciplines—including public relations, advertising, direct marketing, and word-of-mouth marketing—as well as the ever-evolving role of digital media.Additionally, the curriculum explores ethical boundaries within the context of IMC, including consumer research and privacy, the art of persuasion, and paid versus earned media.
The IMC program enables students to:
- Create and manage communications campaigns based on IMC principles
- Integrate multiple communications disciplines and channels to increase campaign impact
- Apply IMC strategies to build and maintain strong consumer brands
- Use consumer research to cultivate creative insights
- Operate effectively at the intersection of business and creative strategy
- Practice IMC with high ethical standards
Georgetown’s program equips students with the creative skills and analytical thinking that make them highly marketable to employers. Students graduate from the program with the well-rounded expertise that prepares them to pursue a variety of communications roles and add value to any organization.
Who Should Apply?
The program is beneficial for students across a wide range of communications backgrounds, including:
- Brand strategy
- Production management
- Media buying
- Visual design
- Graphic design
- Web design
Learn more or apply today!